This Online Fluoride Application Course, accredited by the NEBDN, provides the knowledge and skills required for dental nurses to competently apply topical fluoride under the instruction of a dentist.
This blended course requires theoretical and practical work to completed at home and in your dental practice. This dental short course qualification will earn you 15 hours of enhanced CPD.
This course covers some of the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities in the application of fluoride
- Guidelines on the practice of fluoride application
- Oral health promotion, including communication skills
- Caries including the presentation and aetiology along with the prevalence
- Oral conditions and contraindications to fluoride application
- History of fluoride including theories and evidence
- Patient assessment, clinical methods of recording and equipment needed
- Patient management including fear, anxiety and non-clinical issues
- Health and safety
- Medical emergencies
- Requirements of dental nurses applying fluoride varnish and providing oral health advice
The course also incorporates the Record of Competence (RoC), which is now a mandatory part of the syllabus and evidence of completion must be submitted to the NEBDN before the certificate is raised.
Download the course prospectus for a full breakdown of the three RoC components.
How it works
We are pleased to be able to offer the newest NEBDN course and don’t forget we offer interest free payment plans for the NEBDN post-graduate courses. Email us to find out more.
- Please note this course is non-refundable
Looking for other post-graduate courses from Dental Training Ltd?
Browse our accredited NEBDN courses.
What our customers say..
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and was so pleased to receive my certificate. Looking to do more courses in the future with you . Thank you once again!
Interesting statistics. Good examples of symptoms to look out for and I love the idea of ‘was not brought’. Will use this moving forward.
Good refresher on general nursing and detailed information on impression material. Can’t wait to start taking impressions.
I found Forensic Odontology fascinating so I would be interested in doing a more in-depth course on this subject. All the core subjects are of interest to me.
“Thank you so much, Tracy. You have been amazing and a great help. I am so happy to have passed”
NEBDN Radiography student
I feel much more confident discussing diet and OHI with patients. The course provided good information on lots of topics not just OHI.
A lot of information provided. I have a better understanding of advanced surgical procedures and implant components.
I’m so over the moon that I have passed my exam!!
Thank you so much for your help and support would definitely recommend you to other nurses and I’m definitely considering doing more courses through yourself
I think you and your team are amazing! And even if I had failed I would have been saying the same!!